Modern business is hard to imagine without a high-quality virtual data room that helps control all stages of a business transaction, automate routine processes, work on projects as a whole team, and, most importantly, increase sales. Here is more about software functionality.
Digital data room: secure and fast data exchange
Self-determined and independent action forms the essential basis for commercial enterprises to become innovative and thus more competitive. Secure data exchange – even across company boundaries – is vital. After all, it prevents company data from falling into the wrong hands – primarily unnoticed by the user. Companies are currently offering a clever business model as trusted service providers to avoid financial losses and loss of customer confidence.
When working remotely, the team members exchange various information: project presentations, construction plans, software updates, and personnel documents. Depending on the industry and field of activity, the data can have various formats. In a work environment with no secure data rooms, employees first send their data by email. However, the regular mailboxes quickly reach their limits with larger quantities and are often not encrypted. As a result, employees often upload unusually large files to a cloud from free, mostly global providers. However, the information in these international operating services is usually not subject to the EU GDPR, so personal and other sensitive data are not protected enough.
Data room advantages
There are the following reasons to use a digital data room:
- Reporting. Many data room software products allow users to generate analytical reports by parameter group. Reports in the systems are usually segmented by types of customers and markets. The report can be created in a few minutes while being automated and simple. The system itself will do this for the manager, all that remains is to send the document to the manager.
- Automation of workflow and sales pipelines. The software can compose and send letters and documents. Such automation can significantly reduce the time for routine processes. When compiling documents, the system automatically substitutes the client’s data. Simple and routine operations are delegated to artificial intelligence, while direct sales, identification of needs, and negotiations remain with the managers.
- Deal management. The software offers ready-made solutions and tips for interacting with customers. The customer relationship management system helps track several transactions simultaneously, not to forget about customers at different stages. The transaction cycle becomes less stretched in time as the manager receives constant reminders of each action and the timing of its implementation.
- KPI performance monitoring. The system reflects all stages of the manager’s work: from the first contact to the transaction. The manager can correct the employee’s actions, control his efficiency and workload, and determine at what stage customers are lost.
- Reduced human error. A well-organized data room management system makes it possible to eliminate the mistakes that may appear due to the “human factor .”If it can take several hours to search for a paper document, the software copes with this request in just a few seconds.
- Reduced material costs. Modern data rooms will significantly reduce the costs for all companies. Firstly, due to the automation of work, employees’ productivity will increase, and secondly, the costs of consumables, which are implied for paper workflow, will decrease.
- Secure collaboration. The software greatly facilitates communication between all employees, and you can quickly and easily exchange information, breaking down barriers between different departments. By automating the workflow, several users can simultaneously work with the same file, searching through a shared documents database.